Pets Alive is home to ~250 adoptable animals! Dogs, cats, and barn animals of all sizes, shapes, and temperaments are hoping to meet you. Please take your time browsing the through the photos and descriptions of the animals available for adoption. Our Adoption Team and Animal Caregivers will spend time finding a new friend who fits in with your lifestyle.
Thank you for choosing a shelter animal to be your next companion!
How to Adopt
Submitting an online application before visiting is not required, but it makes the process smoother, faster, and all-around better. We require an approved application with us before you come in to meet adoptable animals.
We offer a couple of options for meeting our cats and kittens:
- We recommend you set up an in-person appointment.
- You can drop by during our regular hours 7 days a week, 10 am – 4 pm (EST). There may be a wait outside as we limit the number of guests in our cattery (Brick House) at one time. Please knock firmly on the door and the Cat Staff will assist you!
We offer a couple of options for meeting our dogs:
- We recommend that you set up an in-person appointment to meet adoptable dogs ahead of your arrival to Pets Alive. An approved application is required to schedule an appointment so we can plan our day and dedicate our full attention to you, your family, and the dogs you are meeting.
- If you already have an approved application on file with us, you can drop by the shelter on Mondays and Wednesdays between regular business hours, 10 am – 4 pm (EST). Please come to our main kennel area at the end of our main driveway. Please be aware that without a scheduled appointment, we cannot guarantee that we will be able introduce you to dogs that day. If we can, there may be a wait in your car until our adoption staff is available to assist you.
- Please note: if there is another dog (or dogs!) living in your home, a supervised meet and greet with our certified Behaviorist and Trainer is required. All dog introductions must be scheduled ahead of time, so we cannot accommodate drop-ins when a dog meet is required.
- We are closed to dog adopters on Tuesdays and Thursdays and cannot conduct dog introductions and adoptions on those days.
- We cannot accommodate drop-ins on Fridays, Saturdays, or Sundays. All of our weekend appointments are scheduled in advance. Thank you for your understanding!
- By appointment only.
How to apply for an adoption
Have questions about a pet you see on our website? Please email us at email@example.com. This email will put you into direct contact with our adoptions team, who will be happy to answer all your questions.
See someone you would like to meet? Please fill out our online application (links below).
Online Adoption Applications
- Cats and Kittens, $125
- Dogs (6 months and up), $260
- Puppies (under 6 months), $350
- Goats, Pigs, and Sheep, $150
- Horses, $500
- Pasture Pal Horses, $350
- Rabbits, $100
We accept cash, checks, and debit/credit cards! We cannot accept electronic payment methods like Venmo, PayPal, or Apple Pay.
What does your adoption fee help cover?
All of our dog and cat friends are spayed or neutered, microchipped, up-to-date on age appropriate vaccinations, have been dewormed, and given flea preventative. Cats are tested for FELV/FIV and dogs are tested for heartworm. Each animal has been lovingly cared for by our amazing staff and volunteers… and all of this costs money! Adoption fees do not come close to covering everything we do to get your new beloved family member ready for you.