Jack, Lonestar and Tom the Tabby are three of the nearly 250 animals currently living at Pets Alive.
- Jack and his mate, Jill, both stray dogs, were rescued as they were running down a country road. They are both friendly dogs but continue to deal with occasional skin issues that requires treatment.
- Lonestar, a pony with personality, was saved from euthanasia when his owners could no longer care for his laminitis, a painful hoof disease. Treatments over time have healed his laminitis, however, Lonestar now has Cushing’s Disease, a dysfunction of the pituitary gland. He is now on medication for life and is doing well.
- Tom the Tabby, an extremely affectionate cat, was rescued from euthanasia and is now being treated for incontinence issues resulting from an injury to his tail.
They are three of the nearly 800 cats, dogs and farm animals that will call Pets Alive home this year until they get adopted, no matter how long that takes. Whether it’s routine vaccinations, spay/neuter, microchips, deworming, flea treatment, dental treatment, surgery, injuries or illnesses, it all takes A LOT OF MONEY to provide for their medical care. In fact, we spent about $110,000 in medical expenses in 2018.
Please help us raise at least that much in the Fund the Shelters Challenge*, a new online fundraising campaign that kicks off April 9 at noon and runs through May 9. Our goal is to raise at least $110,000 to replenish our Medical Fund. The organization that raises the most money will win a $50,000 grant from sponsor, Michelson Found Animals!
- Make a donation. EVERY DOLLAR COUNTS.
- Sign up as a team member and help us fundraise. Click on “Join” button on our Challenge page.
- Share this with all your friends and family!
*To learn more about the Challenge, please go to their website and click on “About the Challenge”: GO HERE.
We thank you and so do the animals! Your support is crucial to preparing animals for adoption and keeping them healthy as they await their forever home.
Prefer to send us a check? Mail it to Pets Alive, 363 Derby Road, Middletown, NY 10940 and write “Challenge” on the check. While only online donations on the Challenge webpage count towards the sponsor prizes, ALL donations will be used to replenish our medical fund.