Improving Adoptability Program:
One of Pets Alive's most important goals is to and "forever homes" for all of our animals. The dogs that are in our care come in all shapes, sizes, colors and most importantly, personalies.
Our Improving Adoptability program is aimed at helping those dogs whose current behaviors reduce their chances of becoming a member of a new family.
The core teaching of this program is simple: Allow the dog to learn how to control his environment by making better choices. For more on this method of training, please refer to internatonal trainer Grisha Stewart at http://grishastewart.com
For our dogs that translates into ALWAYS humane treatment. Members of this special group of volunteers learn and use the basic principles of behavior modification to help shape the responses of those dogs that are the most difficult to adopt.
As in any relatonship, there are at least three components: the dog, the environment and a human! The people in this very special group come to understand that they are an important part in a dog's life and future.
And there's more! For those individuals who are dedicated and demonstrate an ability to work with these great dogs, there is a brand new opportunity: An invitation to become a member of our elite group - the "Improving Adoptability Crew" team members!
So what do you think? Want to change the life of a dog for the better? Please join our Improving Adoptability program. Enroll in our new BASICS lessons. To get more involved or become a part of this team, no experience is necessary! Email email@example.com for more information.
TNR stands for TRAP, NEUTER, RETURN.
It is what our volunteer team of trappers do every week for the City of Middletown (we are always willing to help with advice for anyone out of our trapping area). We would love to expand this program, and help other communities, but we are unable to because of the lack of reliable volunteers to help. Can you give us a few hours a week?
There are many jobs that you can do for the feral cat TNR program.
MOST of these jobs can be done before or AFTER your regular job. We usually trap at night. The cat care can be done early in the morning or after you get off work.
- You can help trap the cats.
- You can help transport the cats or release the cats.
- You can help care for the cats while here in our TNR room recovering from medical care and altering (we alter every cat, but we also help them all with any injuries or medical care they need before we release them).
- You can help do TNR laundry (bring it home, wash it, bring it back)
- You can help by handing out flyers in the areas we are about to trap (so people with outdoor cats will keep them in those days).
Please consider helping us help the community.
Many people have no idea how many feral cats are out there.
There are literally HUNDREDS.
We are backed up with requests to trap and help. More than a dozen locations are waiting for us, and we are limited ONLY because of our need for more volunteers for this program. We will teach you EVERYTHING you need to know.
Please consider helping us to help them - and to help your neighbors!
Please join us at our many upcoming events!
Come on out to our upcoming adoption events and meet your new best friend!
- Get your hair cut! - On going -
KNB Hair Design, 501 Main Street, Highland Falls, NY
Get your hair done and help Pets Alive. Download this coupon and bring it with you. For every man's or woman's haircut, KNB Salon Design will donate $2.00 to Pets Alive!
- Executive Coaching On-going fundraiser - Need help with a resume or other techniques to land the perfect job? Receive executive coaching from the Ardelle Institute, mention that you were referred through Pets Alive, and 15% of proceeds of new clients will be donated to us! Executive Coaching includes Skills Assessment, Resume and Cover Letter Review, Business Networking Techniques, Mock Interviews and Employment Search Techniques. Who could benefit from these services? While anyone looking for a new job could benefit, services are particularly useful for college graduates who are seeking their first job, seasoned professionals who are in between jobs or who are unsatisfied with current job, and seasoned workers who may be looking for a part-time or full-time opportunity.
The Ardelle Institute is an Educational Services company, based in Ridgewood, New Jersey. Among services offered is Executive Coaching. To arrange an appointment contact Evan at firstname.lastname@example.org and mention Pets Alive!
Younique care products. On-going fundraiser - Peruse amazing Younique care products for your eyes, lips and face. All makeup/skincare is chemical and cruelty free, backed by a 14-day money-back guarantee. Younique Consultant Jen Reilly will donate 20% of her profits from products to Pets Alive.
Check out Jen's website with product and ordering information: ReillyAmazingLashes.com
Join Jen's special Pets Alive Facebook group!
- Art that Helps Rescue Go Round. - On-going fundraiser -
Peruse the artwork of Reflective Photos by Rebekah Nemethy - Art That Helps Rescue Go Round - and Rebekah will donate 10% of her profits from pet photography products and services to Pets Alive in Middletown and Pets Alive Westchester in Elmsford. She has plans to increase profit-sharing all the way up to 50% over time. Click the link to read all the details and find out how you can help - and get some beautiful artwork as well! A big thank you to Reflective Photos!
How Rebekah is helping Pets Alive
About Rebekah and how you can buy her artwork
- Volunteer Orientation - First and Third Saturday of every month at noon. No need to make a reservation, just be here at Pets Alive, 363 Derby Road, Middletown, NY by 12:00 PM ready to learn how to safely interact with the animals at Pets Alive! Come help the animals transition from being rescued to being adopted and make some new friends at the same time. Check out our volunteer page for more information and to fill out our volunteer opportunity form.
- Improving Adoptability - Every Saturday at 11am
at Pets Alive, 363 Derby Road, Middletown, NY.
Come work with our staff and dogs on improving adoptability. We will show you techniques to help our dogs overcome their issues to help them get adopted! No appointment needed, must attend a general orientation prior to participating. Class meets in the adoption room at Pets Alive.
Did you get a copy of our current newsletter?
If not, you can click here to download it.